Monday, June 13, 2011

America Today

I am now living in a homeless shelter. I am writing on the status of my personal financial situation and the election of our current and upcoming president. I am an African American female. I was so excited to be living in the era of the election of our first African American president. President Obama gave us so much hope in terms of a new America and we look forward to it.

I am writing to let the president know that I have been watching what he has been doing to make our unemployment situation better. My local nightly news says that the unemployment rate has now risen. I personally am doing worse due to the fact that I am now unemployed for the third year. I was employed when the president was elected. I am worse off now in each and every segment of my financial life. I am trying to start over, it will be a long and low climb uphill toward something that I can recognize as I remember my life before the president was elected. I will have to ponder my decision carefully when our next presidential election comes around again. I won't take my privilege to vote for granted if I want my voice to be heard politically.

Author: Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment