Friday, June 24, 2011

My Life

I am a forty-three year old woman living in a shelter. I did not imagine that my life would have turned out like this. I had dreams and ambitions when I was little but life sometimes throws us obstacles, and we have to rethink our plans. I know that I am never going to be rich like I had dreamed of as a little girl. My dreams are simpler now. I just want a roof over my head, food on the table, and some heat in the winter. I need a job but no one wants to hire a homeless person. How do they expect us to find a house when we cannot get a job and cannot get any money. I pray that things are going to get better, but they seem to be getting worse. I am depressed but have faith in God that things will get better. He knows best.

Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment