Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Times of Me

Let's see, where do I start? I woke up this morning to a cold, hard floor, shivered, and realized that I was not where my dreams imagined me to be. At the shelter, with forty other women living as poorly as I am, some old, some pregnant, some mentally unstable to live alone, and some just too damn young.

I walked around with a few ladies that I know, just walking along, looking for some fun. Not too long after we met up with this crazy, funny white boy I know--yeah, I love you Moso So. The ladies and I split up, and I walked to the library and was thinking about life. Now, I'm weird, or some would say strange, because I'll admit it--I messed up somewhere but who knows how many blunts or gravities ago. Anyway, I'm on the internet and I see that the world is supposed to end--yeah, I know, right? On December 12, 2012 the world ends. Thank God that the Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn should be out by then..ha! Hey, Stephenie Meyer, just in case my message gets read, I've read them all about six times each and Go Team Edward! Anyway...

I lived in this city forever--born, raised, abandoned by suicide, and ill-fated by my people. Government "helps" us...yeah...right. Some say we're given everything here food, water, shelter, clothing, yeah...right. Got to earn it, one way or another.

I remember living in Pennsylvania for a minute and how wonderful spring was with all the flowers and hiking. It was just amazing. It was awesome because me and my friends would go camping and drinking and we'd jump in the cool water at midnight. Love was awesome there too, laying in the bed of my truck watching the stars making love. Now, back in the city, we have beautiful girls but not much privacy. Is love all good? I am stressing that. Down here, in the city, there might be two crack heads in an alley walking hand in hand. Love? These are the zombies that walk around, trying to lure and confuse you, they are trying to give you something that you have never had. Yeah...right.

Author: LaShae

No comments:

Post a Comment