Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Woman to Woman: Advice on Being Homeless

I would like to give advice to the women who are raising children and trying to have a home to keep on trying. It is not an easy job to raise a family, to provide food for your children to eat, place clothes on their backs, and pay for their basic education. It seems that we can't pay for these basic human needs and it is impossible to give them things that they want like toys and fun adventures. Even though we want to give them the best of us, our time, love, patience, and perseverance, we feel cheated because it takes over our dreams of being career minded, and it makes us the bad guys in our families. To me, being a mom was the best job that I had and the most enjoyable, memorable, and rewarding. It brought me structure and accountability so I strived to be the best that I could and wanted to be. Setting good examples, being loving and kind to them, being there for them, comforting them, teaching them, and being a family with them. We are a family and can strengthen each other and help one another and be ourselves together. It was the most rewarding with my friends and family and church...because it takes a village to raise a family and doing it gave me my community.

Author: Jeanine

No comments:

Post a Comment